Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tingles

This week is my week for teaching in Gospel Doctrine.  YaH! hahah!
The lesson is on the first principals of the gospel or lesson #7.
Some people thing that listening to music to prepare is wrong.  I have a different opinion on this and had the most amazing experience with listening to music while preparing this lesson.
I usually have my phone on iTunes and then it programed with church music.  I put my headphones on to close out all other noises.  My music is wonderful! As I'm listening to an assortment of songs from EFY, MoTab, other artist that are fantabulous, my lesson is going along quiet nicely.
I come to the part of the lesson where it's talking about "the Gift of the Holy Ghost" and what song starts...."Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". Oh my gosh.  My hands started shaking, as I'm trying to write down my lesson, my heart beats faster, and I can't help but smile as this song continues and I'm reading the words:
Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve taught: “Manifestations of the Holy Ghost are given to lead sincere seekers to gospel truths that will persuade them to repentance and baptism. The gift of the Holy Ghost is more comprehensive. … [It] includes the right to constant companionship, that we may ‘always have his Spirit to be with [us]’ (D&C 20:77)” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1996, 80; or Ensign, Nov. 1996, 60).
Elder Bruce R. McConkie of the Quorum of the Twelve compared the manifestations of the Holy Ghost that a person can receive before baptism to flashes of lightning that “[blaze] forth in a dark and stormy night.” He compared the gift of the Holy Ghost that a person receives after baptism to “the continuing blaze of the sun at noonday, shedding its rays on the path of life and on all that surrounds it” (A New Witness for the Articles of Faith [1985], 262).
As the song ended, my heart was happy. 
The gospel is true!

No comments: