Thursday, July 7, 2011

You Do the Math!

Today I actually ventured out of the house.  Yes, I'm a hermit most of the time.
I needed to get a new scripture pencil, since one of my sons (who shall remain nameless) lost it at EFY.
Another son joined me in my venture to Deseret Book where he found some items for his birthday.
As I was paying for different items, he put the book he was going to pay for with my pile.  This was fine, since I get a little discount working for the church and knew he would pay me in the car.
Once we got in the car, he checked the receipt and told me that in payment for his book he would treat me to a Sonic.  He had (or thought he had) a Sonic gift card.  I looked at him in wonderment.  Then asked him which math class he would be attending in high school..
Remembering that it was going to be "Pre-Calc"...here goes the equation...
The book came to "around" $20.00
Treats at Sonic around $5.00
?
Wait?  Does this add up, is this a new math...
hahah!
Once we finish running our other errands, he pulls out the card and it's for a different store...Boy, was his mind racing a mile to figure out how many things we could get at this different store to make up for his book which is still over the price of his card.
Good thing his mother loves him and took him to Sonic any ways...
Yes, he did buy the treats with cash and then put some cash in the car for future treats or gas.
"Because this money would be used for gas, which provides a way of transportation, therefore the amount put into the car is double." Yes, that is what he told me.
So really does $10 = $20?

No comments: