Sunday, January 6, 2013

Compassion VS. Status Quo?

Which is more important?
Have you ever felt like the "numbers" are more important? When is showing/receiving compassion more important?

I'm not going to answer these questions...because it's an easy answer. Why am I even asking it then? This past month was a real learning and eye opening month for our family. It just wasn't an easy month. I am still trying to get over some feelings of hurt and trying not to let them turn into bitterness. At the same time, teaching my "only" child that "numbers" don't really matter as long as compassion is given.
So I decided to read some articles again on Compassion and how to be better at it.
I came across this one.  It's awesome.
 It's given by President Monsoon in the October 2009 General Conference called : 
What Have I Done for Someone Today?
Maybe this is what I'm to be working on this year?

No comments: